Tomorrow’s newspaper in New Jersey is a very different beast! With the increasing availability of instant news and information 24/7, the ‘news’ part of newspapers is rapidly morphing. If I want to know who did what when or what today’s big issue is, whether that be globally, nationally or locally, I have a seemingly unlimited choice of instant news services from which to choose. Even my old mobile phone grants me immediate internet access, meaning keeping up with the Jones’s has never been easier.
So why do we still have newspapers in New Jersey ? Everyone knows that circulation is plummeting, but a few of us die-hards believe there will always be print. Why? Because it is comfortable. The Y-Gens are still buying their magazines and books because they also enjoy that relaxing slump on the couch with a drink, snacks and an engaging read. The operative word here of course is engaging!
Newspapers have been one of the most popular medium for fresh news all around the world. Every locality has its own way of reaching out to people with the use of the conventional newspaper. The fact is, there are billions of people around the globe who are subscribing for the daily papers in their locality. It has been a tradition for everyone to read their morning paper while enjoying a cup of coffee or eating breakfast.
However, news has never been the same since the day the Internet has been introduced to the public. People have witnessed how Internet changed the way news are delivered. With a laptop or a computer and an internet connection, you will be able to read the freshest news from around the world. After a decade that Internet has been used, online readers have grown considerably.
If you are made to choose from these two, what do you think you will prefer to read and get updates from?
Here are some facts you should know about newspaper and the Internet...
1. News are well researched and edited - this is one of the advantages of reading news from a newspaper. Writers are usually researching first hand facts about a situation and newspaper editors play a great role in the publication of the story.
2. News are concise - unfortunately, every newspaper writer has to be concise about the story he/she is writing because there can be no available space for very long stories. Thus, it has been a tradition of newspaper companies to be concise about the stories they publish.
3. News may be late - the printing and the delivery of the paper to readers and subscribers may be later than expected. The point is, it will take time to write, review, queue, print and deliver the stories.
1. News may also be well-researched and edited - this is not a guarantee, however. Not all of the news sites or online news community are reviewed by editors to fit the standard. Thus, as you may sometimes experience, there are misspelled words or grammatical errors in an online article or news.
2. News are longer - every writer has the abundance of space when it comes to online story writing. There is no limit how long the news or article may be. The fact is, it is even better to have longer stories. On top of that, one news forum may link to other authoritative news sites for references and further information.
3. News are often on time - most of the news communities bring the news to the people around the world real-time; it means that everyone can read certain news as they are happening. You do not have to wait for the delivery before you can actually read the stories--unlike newspaper.
Newspaper Inserts - Distributing Your Flyers
Newspaper inserts are a cost-effective and guaranteed way to have your flyers delivered directly into the homes of your potential customers. Advertising with full color flyers is a time-tested and proven method of marketing that can generate immediate sales and help your company with branding.
What is a newspaper insert?
A newspaper insert is simply a flyer that is distributed into homes or news stands via the newspaper. Once your flyer is placed into it becomes a "newspaper insert" which is also commonly referred to as a preprint, P&D, and/or Free Standing Insert (FSI).
Do you have an effective newspaper insert?
Before you even think about inserting your flyer into the newspaper you will want to make sure you have a great design. Here are a few things to consider when designing a newspaper insert for your small business.
- Do you have attractive graphics and an overall high quality flyer?
- Do you have a "call to action" such as a sale, promotion, or special event?
- Have you included (easy to find) contact information?
- Does your flyer stand out from the competition?
- Do you have a way to track results such as a coupon or phone line?
- Have you had a professional designer create or review your flyer?
What are the benefits of newspaper inserts?
- More cost effective than direct mail, shared mail, radio, and television.
- Guaranteed delivery into thousands of homes.
- Targeted by zip code and demographics.
- Generate instant responses and sales.
- Time-tested method of marketing that yield great results.
- Lends credibility to your business and build your brand.
- Newspapers are a trusted source of information in your community.
- Newspaper inserts typically remain in homes for 2-3 days after delivery
- ....and the list could go on!
Don't throw away your small business advertising dollars. They are a smart, safe, and cost-effective way to launch a successful advertising campaign within your community.
Copyright © 2007 Taradel, LLC. All rights reserved.
- New Jersey american daily news
- Newark american daily news
- Jersey City american daily news
- Paterson american daily news
- Elizabeth american daily news
- Edison american daily news
- Woodbridge american daily news