Tomorrow’s newspaper in New York is a very different beast! With the increasing availability of instant news and information 24/7, the ‘news’ part of newspapers is rapidly morphing. If I want to know who did what when or what today’s big issue is, whether that be globally, nationally or locally, I have a seemingly unlimited choice of instant news services from which to choose. Even my old mobile phone grants me immediate internet access, meaning keeping up with the Jones’s has never been easier.
So why do we still have newspapers in New York ? Everyone knows that circulation is plummeting, but a few of us die-hards believe there will always be print. Why? Because it is comfortable. The Y-Gens are still buying their magazines and books because they also enjoy that relaxing slump on the couch with a drink, snacks and an engaging read. The operative word here of course is engaging!
Newspapers have been one of the most popular medium for fresh news all around the world. Every locality has its own way of reaching out to people with the use of the conventional newspaper. The fact is, there are billions of people around the globe who are subscribing for the daily papers in their locality. It has been a tradition for everyone to read their morning paper while enjoying a cup of coffee or eating breakfast.
However, news has never been the same since the day the Internet has been introduced to the public. People have witnessed how Internet changed the way news are delivered. With a laptop or a computer and an internet connection, you will be able to read the freshest news from around the world. After a decade that Internet has been used, online readers have grown considerably.
If you are made to choose from these two, what do you think you will prefer to read and get updates from?
Here are some facts you should know about newspaper and the Internet...
1. News are well researched and edited - this is one of the advantages of reading news from a newspaper. Writers are usually researching first hand facts about a situation and newspaper editors play a great role in the publication of the story.
2. News are concise - unfortunately, every newspaper writer has to be concise about the story he/she is writing because there can be no available space for very long stories. Thus, it has been a tradition of newspaper companies to be concise about the stories they publish.
3. News may be late - the printing and the delivery of the paper to readers and subscribers may be later than expected. The point is, it will take time to write, review, queue, print and deliver the stories.
1. News may also be well-researched and edited - this is not a guarantee, however. Not all of the news sites or online news community are reviewed by editors to fit the standard. Thus, as you may sometimes experience, there are misspelled words or grammatical errors in an online article or news.
2. News are longer - every writer has the abundance of space when it comes to online story writing. There is no limit how long the news or article may be. The fact is, it is even better to have longer stories. On top of that, one news forum may link to other authoritative news sites for references and further information.
3. News are often on time - most of the news communities bring the news to the people around the world real-time; it means that everyone can read certain news as they are happening. You do not have to wait for the delivery before you can actually read the stories--unlike newspaper.
Writing a News Feature Story
Headline news, where ever it may be, refers to the text written that briefs the nature of the news written or spoken below it. They are seen on various new channels, sums up the news being spoken below by the news reporter. Where as the same, when seen in a newspaper, summarizes in one line the news article written below it. Usually, they are found in a larger and bolder text as compared to the rest of the news below it.
The biggest sources of those, are various newspapers and the news channels on the television. Though radio is also a source of news that reaches masses but arguably it may not be considered as a good source. More often than not, the creators intentionally keep the headline news with double meanings or double entendres to catch the eyes of the viewer or reader. For example, if some agricultural related bill does not get passed in the United States House of Representatives, the headline news could be: FARMER BILL DIES IN THE HOUSE. Such headline news keeps the concerned person interested in the news and compels him to read or see further.
Those are considered to be the engine of the train which attracts the readers or viewers to read or hear further news been spoken or written. Depending upon the type of headline news enables the person to think if the rest of the news is of his/her interest or not. An equivalent amount of time and effort is put in to create them as it takes to write or prepare the rest of the article.
- New York american daily news
- Buffalo american daily news
- Rochester american daily news
- Albany american daily news
- Yonkers american daily news
- Syracuse american daily news