Tomorrow’s newspaper in California is a very different beast! With the increasing availability of instant news and information 24/7, the ‘news’ part of newspapers is rapidly morphing. If I want to know who did what when or what today’s big issue is, whether that be globally, nationally or locally, I have a seemingly unlimited choice of instant news services from which to choose. Even my old mobile phone grants me immediate internet access, meaning keeping up with the Jones’s has never been easier.
So why do we still have newspapers in California ? Everyone knows that circulation is plummeting, but a few of us die-hards believe there will always be print. Why? Because it is comfortable. The Y-Gens are still buying their magazines and books because they also enjoy that relaxing slump on the couch with a drink, snacks and an engaging read. The operative word here of course is engaging!
Since you publish your newsletter on a regular basis, sometimes it's difficult to find newsletter ideas for your next issue's content. You sit in front of your monitor and stare at the white screen where the typing cursor is blinking... but your mind doesn't seem to come up with any ideas.
Here are 10 tips to help you find good article ideas...
#1. Make an Ideas List
If you've been writing articles for a while, you know your brightest ideas don't usually come to your mind when you need them. Actually, you usually get the best ideas when you're doing something else and thinking about another thing.
But everything changes when you decide to sit and write an article... you get the writer's block. You really need a good idea for your next issue... but your mind doesn't help a bit.
The solution is creating an idea list. Whenever you get a bright idea, just add it to your list. After a short time, you'll have a list full of creative ideas for your next 20 issues at least. So whenever you want to write an article, you simply take a look at your list and choose an idea you feel like writing about.
I've been using this technique for almost a year and it has really helped me write better articles faster and easier!
#2. Do a Little Keyword Research
Find out which keywords your target market are searching in search engines. Then write an article about it. So not only you will provide your subscribers with the exact information they're looking for, but you may also get a top ranking for that article in search engines - which will bring you lots of targeted traffic for free.
Wordtracker is an essential keyword research tool that I always use to get many keyword ideas and find out how many times people have searched for them. You can also use Overture free keyword suggestion tool.
#3. Ask Your Readers
To turn your subscribers into loyal readers and win their trust, you should provide them with the exact information they're looking for.
The easiest way to find out "what" exactly they want to know is simply adding a "Ask the Editor" section to your newsletter. Soon you will receive lot of emails from your readers asking you for advice about various topics.
You can choose the most common questions and problems and write an article about it. So you'll get lots of great article ideas for your future issues. What's more, your readers will love your newsletter for providing them with the exact information they need!
#4. Study Forums where Your Target Market Hangs out
More and more people participate in forums these days. One of the reasons is because you can get professional advice for free. And this is exactly what makes forums a great place for you to get bright ideas for your newsletter content.
You simply need to go to the forums where your target market hangs out. There you will discover many of the most common questions and problems your target market has. So you can write helpful articles about them.
#5. Browse Article Directories
There are many article directories available online. You just need to browse related categories to your newsletter topic and take a look at article titles. They will inspire you and give you awesome content ideas for your newsletter.
Here are some of the largest article directories...
#6. Review Other People's Products
You might know many great books, software programs, and services that will benefit your newsletter readers. So why not write an honest review about one of them to help your subscribers make the right decision?
What's more, you can join their affiliate program and earn a commission from every sale you make via your affiliate link. This can make you a lot of money because if you provide your readers with a honest review about a useful product, many of them will buy the product and you'll get a commission.
Just remember your role as an affiliate is NOT to sell. It's the most common mistake affiliates make. Selling is the duty of the merchant. Your role is PREselling. It means warming up your visitors and putting them in an open-to-buy mindset.
I had almost no affiliate income before I discovered this secret. Then a friend recommended me Make Your Content PREsell - An awesome ebook about the #1 secret to affiliate marketing success.
I owe a big part of my success to this ebook. I highly recommend it! You can learn more about it at: http://mycps.sitesell.com/best-offer.html
#7. Interview an Expert in Your Field
People like to hear success stories and learn how successful people have reached to where they are now. You can interview successful people in your field by email or phone.
Well-known experts are usually very busy, so they won't accept long interviews. In general, the more famous an expert is, the shortest your interview must be or they won't accept it.
The experts you choose to interview should not necessarily be very famous - like multi-millionaires. They hardly accept to let you interview them. You can interview an ordinary person who has been fairly successful in your field.
#8. Write How-To Articles
You can write how-to articles about almost anything. People love how-to articles. Here are some sample titles...
* How to Go to Sleep in 3 Minutes
* How to Cure Your Headache in 5 Minutes without any Medicine
* How to Look 10 Years Younger
#9. Give a Certain Number of Tips, Ideas, etc.
People love articles that promise to give a certain number of tips - like this article :). These articles are also easy to write. For example you can easily find 3 tips about any topic and turn it to an article. Here are some title examples...
* 5 Tips on How to Deal with an Overbearing Boss
* Top 10 Questions to Ask in an Interview
* 9 Creative Home Business Ideas to Start with Less than $100
#10. Use Guest Articles
Don't feel like writing an article or just don't have the time? No problem. You can publish someone else's article in your newsletter for free. I've introduced some large article directories here in this article in Idea #5.
Since it's much easier to copy and paste a written article than spending time on writing your own, you may be tempted to use guest articles as your main article in many of your issues. But do yourself a favor and don't do it too often. Let me explain why...
What's the goal of your newsletter? Isn't it to win your prospects' trust and prove your expertise to sell them your own products or affiliate products? So if you don't write the majority of your newsletter articles yourself, how can you prove your expertise?
# Final Thoughts
I hope this article helps you get creative article ideas for your newsletter. But if you haven't found a good idea yet, don't push yourself too hard. Don't point a gun to your mind and order it to give you a great idea or you will shoot. 🙂
After all, it's YOUR mind. It's what has always helped you in your business... and your life. So be kinder to it. Relax and take sometime off. Go outside and let your mind rest for a while. Don't even think about your newsletter.
Then get back to this article and try to find a good idea. If you get an idea for your next issue, well done! I'm happy for you!
But if you still can't seem to come up with anything, no problem. Just send a message to your readers and let them know you won't publish your newsletter this week/month.
And remember... your happiness, your health, and enjoying your life is what matters the most. You don't have to write your newsletter until next week, next month... or even next year. Your newsletter is just a small part of your business... and your business is only a small part of your life.
Wish you happiness, health and wealth! 🙂
Newspaper Inserts - Distributing Your Flyers
Headline news, where ever it may be, refers to the text written that briefs the nature of the news written or spoken below it. They are seen on various new channels, sums up the news being spoken below by the news reporter. Where as the same, when seen in a newspaper, summarizes in one line the news article written below it. Usually, they are found in a larger and bolder text as compared to the rest of the news below it.
The biggest sources of those, are various newspapers and the news channels on the television. Though radio is also a source of news that reaches masses but arguably it may not be considered as a good source. More often than not, the creators intentionally keep the headline news with double meanings or double entendres to catch the eyes of the viewer or reader. For example, if some agricultural related bill does not get passed in the United States House of Representatives, the headline news could be: FARMER BILL DIES IN THE HOUSE. Such headline news keeps the concerned person interested in the news and compels him to read or see further.
Those are considered to be the engine of the train which attracts the readers or viewers to read or hear further news been spoken or written. Depending upon the type of headline news enables the person to think if the rest of the news is of his/her interest or not. An equivalent amount of time and effort is put in to create them as it takes to write or prepare the rest of the article.
- California american daily news
- Los Angeles american daily news
- San Diego american daily news
- San Jose american daily news
- San Francisco american daily news
- Fresno american daily news
- Sacramento american daily news
- Long Beach american daily news
- Oakland american daily news
- Bakersfield american daily news
- Anaheim american daily news
- Santa Ana american daily news
- Riverside american daily news
- Stockton american daily news
- Chula Vista american daily news
- Irvine american daily news
- Fremont american daily news
- San Bernardino american daily news
- Modesto american daily news
- Fontana american daily news
- Oxnard american daily news
- Moreno Valley american daily news
- Huntington Beach american daily news
- Glendale american daily news
- Santa Clarita american daily news
- Oceanside american daily news
- Garden Grove american daily news
- Rancho Cucamonga american daily news
- Santa Rosa american daily news
- Ontario american daily news
- Elk Grove american daily news
- Corona american daily news
- Lancaster american daily news
- Palmdale american daily news
- Hayward american daily news
- Salinas american daily news
- Pomona american daily news
- Sunnyvale american daily news
- Escondido american daily news
- Torrance american daily news
- Pasadena american daily news
- Orange american daily news
- Fullerton american daily news
- Roseville american daily news
- Visalia american daily news
- Thousand Oaks american daily news
- Concord american daily news
- Simi Valley american daily news
- Santa Clara american daily news
- Victorville american daily news
- Vallejo american daily news
- Berkeley american daily news
- El Monte american daily news
- Downey american daily news
- Carlsbad american daily news
- Costa Mesa american daily news
- Fairfield american daily news
- Temecula american daily news
- Inglewood american daily news
- Antioch american daily news
- Murrieta american daily news
- Richmond american daily news
- Ventura american daily news
- West Covina american daily news
- Norwalk american daily news
- Daly City american daily news
- Burbank american daily news
- Santa Maria american daily news
- Clovis american daily news
- El Cajon american daily news
- San Mateo american daily news
- Rialto american daily news
- Vista american daily news
- Jurupa Valley american daily news