Tomorrow’s newspaper in Texas is a very different beast! With the increasing availability of instant news and information 24/7, the ‘news’ part of newspapers is rapidly morphing. If I want to know who did what when or what today’s big issue is, whether that be globally, nationally or locally, I have a seemingly unlimited choice of instant news services from which to choose. Even my old mobile phone grants me immediate internet access, meaning keeping up with the Jones’s has never been easier.
So why do we still have newspapers in Texas ? Everyone knows that circulation is plummeting, but a few of us die-hards believe there will always be print. Why? Because it is comfortable. The Y-Gens are still buying their magazines and books because they also enjoy that relaxing slump on the couch with a drink, snacks and an engaging read. The operative word here of course is engaging!
When internet was opened for residential customers, a lot of companies and individuals have gotten so much benefits from it; companies were able to reach worldwide consumers without spending so much and more individuals were given opportunities to become known worldwide. Most importantly, people are able to read updated news online.
Others would even join in news forums to have latest news delivered to their email. In short, the Internet is far better than the conventional newspaper. Here are some of the reasons why;
#1. Newspapers are so slow - you will be able to read today's news tomorrow morning when the morning is delivered to your doorstep while internet can broadcast the news real-time without having you to wait for another 12 hours to know the details. More often, papers do not offer the full details of the news because they have to conserve space for ads.
#2. They have chaotic references - the front page contains almost all of the breaking news, at least you will be able to read the snippets and have a hard time looking for it in the inside pages. The Internet, however, can eliminate such hassle with a single click of the mouse. Besides, you don't have to turn the pages to be able to read.
#3. Articles are static - all of the articles printed in newspapers cannot be updated unlike the ones in the web. If you need updates on the same article, you should pray that the same story will be featured on the next day's publication. Newscasters or journalists over the internet can easily edit their articles or add updates anytime.
#4. Articles are not unique - mostly, articles on papers are rewrites or plain copies of what has already been published over the Internet. This means that newspapers today get their stories online. It's good if you really are not dependent on the internet that you need to read the papers. However, most of the people nowadays browse the net more often than holding newspapers.
The fact is, there are still millions of people who are subscribing to receive their morning papers. These people may have already developed a habit of holding the papers while having a sip of their coffee. While there could be no solid explanation, it could be understood that most of news paper readers are aged people, or those who do not know how to operate a computer.
Influence of Newspapers
Newspapers have been one of the most popular medium for fresh news all around the world. Every locality has its own way of reaching out to people with the use of the conventional newspaper. The fact is, there are billions of people around the globe who are subscribing for the daily papers in their locality. It has been a tradition for everyone to read their morning paper while enjoying a cup of coffee or eating breakfast.
However, news has never been the same since the day the Internet has been introduced to the public. People have witnessed how Internet changed the way news are delivered. With a laptop or a computer and an internet connection, you will be able to read the freshest news from around the world. After a decade that Internet has been used, online readers have grown considerably.
If you are made to choose from these two, what do you think you will prefer to read and get updates from?
Here are some facts you should know about newspaper and the Internet...
1. News are well researched and edited - this is one of the advantages of reading news from a newspaper. Writers are usually researching first hand facts about a situation and newspaper editors play a great role in the publication of the story.
2. News are concise - unfortunately, every newspaper writer has to be concise about the story he/she is writing because there can be no available space for very long stories. Thus, it has been a tradition of newspaper companies to be concise about the stories they publish.
3. News may be late - the printing and the delivery of the paper to readers and subscribers may be later than expected. The point is, it will take time to write, review, queue, print and deliver the stories.
1. News may also be well-researched and edited - this is not a guarantee, however. Not all of the news sites or online news community are reviewed by editors to fit the standard. Thus, as you may sometimes experience, there are misspelled words or grammatical errors in an online article or news.
2. News are longer - every writer has the abundance of space when it comes to online story writing. There is no limit how long the news or article may be. The fact is, it is even better to have longer stories. On top of that, one news forum may link to other authoritative news sites for references and further information.
3. News are often on time - most of the news communities bring the news to the people around the world real-time; it means that everyone can read certain news as they are happening. You do not have to wait for the delivery before you can actually read the stories--unlike newspaper.
- Texas american daily news
- Houston american daily news
- San Antonio american daily news
- Dallas american daily news
- Austin american daily news
- Fort Worth american daily news
- El Paso american daily news
- Arlington american daily news
- Corpus Christi american daily news
- Plano american daily news
- Laredo american daily news
- Lubbock american daily news
- Garland american daily news
- Irving american daily news
- Amarillo american daily news
- Grand Prairie american daily news
- Brownsville american daily news
- McKinney american daily news
- Frisco american daily news
- Pasadena american daily news
- Mesquite american daily news
- Killeen american daily news
- McAllen american daily news
- Carrollton american daily news
- Midland american daily news
- Waco american daily news
- Denton american daily news
- Abilene american daily news
- Odessa american daily news
- Beaumont american daily news
- Round Rock american daily news
- Richardson american daily news
- Pearland american daily news
- College Station american daily news
- Wichita Falls american daily news
- Lewisville american daily news
- Tyler american daily news
- San Angelo american daily news