Tomorrow’s newspaper in Florida is a very different beast! With the increasing availability of instant news and information 24/7, the ‘news’ part of newspapers is rapidly morphing. If I want to know who did what when or what today’s big issue is, whether that be globally, nationally or locally, I have a seemingly unlimited choice of instant news services from which to choose. Even my old mobile phone grants me immediate internet access, meaning keeping up with the Jones’s has never been easier.
So why do we still have newspapers in Florida ? Everyone knows that circulation is plummeting, but a few of us die-hards believe there will always be print. Why? Because it is comfortable. The Y-Gens are still buying their magazines and books because they also enjoy that relaxing slump on the couch with a drink, snacks and an engaging read. The operative word here of course is engaging!
Newspaper inserts are a cost-effective and guaranteed way to have your flyers delivered directly into the homes of your potential customers. Advertising with full color flyers is a time-tested and proven method of marketing that can generate immediate sales and help your company with branding.
What is a newspaper insert?
A newspaper insert is simply a flyer that is distributed into homes or news stands via the newspaper. Once your flyer is placed into it becomes a "newspaper insert" which is also commonly referred to as a preprint, P&D, and/or Free Standing Insert (FSI).
Do you have an effective newspaper insert?
Before you even think about inserting your flyer into the newspaper you will want to make sure you have a great design. Here are a few things to consider when designing a newspaper insert for your small business.
- Do you have attractive graphics and an overall high quality flyer?
- Do you have a "call to action" such as a sale, promotion, or special event?
- Have you included (easy to find) contact information?
- Does your flyer stand out from the competition?
- Do you have a way to track results such as a coupon or phone line?
- Have you had a professional designer create or review your flyer?
What are the benefits of newspaper inserts?
- More cost effective than direct mail, shared mail, radio, and television.
- Guaranteed delivery into thousands of homes.
- Targeted by zip code and demographics.
- Generate instant responses and sales.
- Time-tested method of marketing that yield great results.
- Lends credibility to your business and build your brand.
- Newspapers are a trusted source of information in your community.
- Newspaper inserts typically remain in homes for 2-3 days after delivery
- ....and the list could go on!
Don't throw away your small business advertising dollars. They are a smart, safe, and cost-effective way to launch a successful advertising campaign within your community.
Copyright © 2007 Taradel, LLC. All rights reserved.
Influence of Newspapers
When internet was opened for residential customers, a lot of companies and individuals have gotten so much benefits from it; companies were able to reach worldwide consumers without spending so much and more individuals were given opportunities to become known worldwide. Most importantly, people are able to read updated news online.
Others would even join in news forums to have latest news delivered to their email. In short, the Internet is far better than the conventional newspaper. Here are some of the reasons why;
#1. Newspapers are so slow - you will be able to read today's news tomorrow morning when the morning is delivered to your doorstep while internet can broadcast the news real-time without having you to wait for another 12 hours to know the details. More often, papers do not offer the full details of the news because they have to conserve space for ads.
#2. They have chaotic references - the front page contains almost all of the breaking news, at least you will be able to read the snippets and have a hard time looking for it in the inside pages. The Internet, however, can eliminate such hassle with a single click of the mouse. Besides, you don't have to turn the pages to be able to read.
#3. Articles are static - all of the articles printed in newspapers cannot be updated unlike the ones in the web. If you need updates on the same article, you should pray that the same story will be featured on the next day's publication. Newscasters or journalists over the internet can easily edit their articles or add updates anytime.
#4. Articles are not unique - mostly, articles on papers are rewrites or plain copies of what has already been published over the Internet. This means that newspapers today get their stories online. It's good if you really are not dependent on the internet that you need to read the papers. However, most of the people nowadays browse the net more often than holding newspapers.
The fact is, there are still millions of people who are subscribing to receive their morning papers. These people may have already developed a habit of holding the papers while having a sip of their coffee. While there could be no solid explanation, it could be understood that most of news paper readers are aged people, or those who do not know how to operate a computer.
- Jacksonville american daily news
- Miami american daily news
- Tampa american daily news
- Orlando american daily news
- St. Petersburg american daily news
- Hialeah american daily news
- Tallahassee american daily news
- Port St. Lucie american daily news
- Fort Lauderdale american daily news
- Cape Coral american daily news
- Pembroke Pines american daily news
- Hollywood american daily news
- Miramar american daily news
- Gainesville american daily news
- Coral Springs american daily news
- Miami Gardens american daily news
- Clearwater american daily news
- Palm Bay american daily news
- Pompano Beach american daily news
- West Palm Beach american daily news
- Lakeland american daily news
- Davie american daily news