Tomorrow’s newspaper in New York is a very different beast! With the increasing availability of instant news and information 24/7, the ‘news’ part of newspapers is rapidly morphing. If I want to know who did what when or what today’s big issue is, whether that be globally, nationally or locally, I have a seemingly unlimited choice of instant news services from which to choose. Even my old mobile phone grants me immediate internet access, meaning keeping up with the Jones’s has never been easier.
So why do we still have newspapers in New York ? Everyone knows that circulation is plummeting, but a few of us die-hards believe there will always be print. Why? Because it is comfortable. The Y-Gens are still buying their magazines and books because they also enjoy that relaxing slump on the couch with a drink, snacks and an engaging read. The operative word here of course is engaging!
Headline news, where ever it may be, refers to the text written that briefs the nature of the news written or spoken below it. They are seen on various new channels, sums up the news being spoken below by the news reporter. Where as the same, when seen in a newspaper, summarizes in one line the news article written below it. Usually, they are found in a larger and bolder text as compared to the rest of the news below it.
The biggest sources of those, are various newspapers and the news channels on the television. Though radio is also a source of news that reaches masses but arguably it may not be considered as a good source. More often than not, the creators intentionally keep the headline news with double meanings or double entendres to catch the eyes of the viewer or reader. For example, if some agricultural related bill does not get passed in the United States House of Representatives, the headline news could be: FARMER BILL DIES IN THE HOUSE. Such headline news keeps the concerned person interested in the news and compels him to read or see further.
Those are considered to be the engine of the train which attracts the readers or viewers to read or hear further news been spoken or written. Depending upon the type of headline news enables the person to think if the rest of the news is of his/her interest or not. An equivalent amount of time and effort is put in to create them as it takes to write or prepare the rest of the article.
Influence of Newspapers
Newspaper inserts are a cost-effective and guaranteed way to have your flyers delivered directly into the homes of your potential customers. Advertising with full color flyers is a time-tested and proven method of marketing that can generate immediate sales and help your company with branding.
What is a newspaper insert?
A newspaper insert is simply a flyer that is distributed into homes or news stands via the newspaper. Once your flyer is placed into it becomes a "newspaper insert" which is also commonly referred to as a preprint, P&D, and/or Free Standing Insert (FSI).
Do you have an effective newspaper insert?
Before you even think about inserting your flyer into the newspaper you will want to make sure you have a great design. Here are a few things to consider when designing a newspaper insert for your small business.
- Do you have attractive graphics and an overall high quality flyer?
- Do you have a "call to action" such as a sale, promotion, or special event?
- Have you included (easy to find) contact information?
- Does your flyer stand out from the competition?
- Do you have a way to track results such as a coupon or phone line?
- Have you had a professional designer create or review your flyer?
What are the benefits of newspaper inserts?
- More cost effective than direct mail, shared mail, radio, and television.
- Guaranteed delivery into thousands of homes.
- Targeted by zip code and demographics.
- Generate instant responses and sales.
- Time-tested method of marketing that yield great results.
- Lends credibility to your business and build your brand.
- Newspapers are a trusted source of information in your community.
- Newspaper inserts typically remain in homes for 2-3 days after delivery
- ....and the list could go on!
Don't throw away your small business advertising dollars. They are a smart, safe, and cost-effective way to launch a successful advertising campaign within your community.
Copyright © 2007 Taradel, LLC. All rights reserved.
- New York american daily news
- Buffalo american daily news
- Rochester american daily news
- Albany american daily news
- Yonkers american daily news
- Syracuse american daily news